Here is some information for new riders. The first thing you will encounter is the need to attend school. At NHIS we have the Penguin Road Racing School. It is your first step to the race track.
For more information on the school and motorcycle preparation for the school go to the Penguin School web site.
Below you will find information on that procedure and some important points you will
need to know about tech inspection and general track rules.
7:00 AM - 9:00 AM - Licensing and registration in the Registration Building near the track entrance.
7:00 AM - Tech opens in garage #7 - all riders must re-tech for the weekend events.
8:00 AM - 11:00 AM - Registration for the Rookie Race in garage #1
12:30 PM - Rookie Rider's meeting in garage #1. This is a mandatory meeting; there will be a roll call. All first time riders must attend.
1:00 PM (approx.) Regular Rider's Meeting on the pit road - all riders must attend.
1:30 PM (approx.) Rookie Race (3 laps) with regular LRRS races follow. (See your track schedule.)
No alcoholic beverages may be consumed by anyone in the paddock while the track is open. This, of course, means riders but also all crewmembers, family or friends just visiting.
15-MPH Speed Limit - strictly enforced for all vehicles once you enter the racetrack (paddock and camping areas included.) There is a $50 fine for speeding.
All pets must be tied up or on a leash while the track is open.
Please remember that you are here to have fun! All of us involved with the Penguin Racing School will do everything we can to help make your first time here an enjoyable one! Just ask if we can be of assistance.
Things to do before you come to Tech. Inspection:
1. Be sure you have safety wired any opening which holds oil or water (for the school only we will pass your bike if you have at least sprayed the area with contact cleaner, checked it for tightness, and glued it closed with some sort of adhesive.)
2. Spin on oil filters MUST have a hose clamp around them in such a way as to prevent them from spinning off. If necessary run safety wire from the clamp to a frame member.
3. Water-cooled machines MUST have water only in them. (All anti-freeze MUST be flushed out)
4. Remove: mirrors, license plates, and both the side and center stand. Turn signals if not mounted on flexible shafts must be removed.
5. Duct tape all glass and plastic lenses: headlights, taillights and turn signals
6. Be sure to have a numberplate with the number assigned to you at sign-up mounted on the front of your machine for identification purposes.
7. Your tires must be in good condition. We cannot allow bald street tires on the track for your own safety.
8. Check tire pressures and be sure you have metal valve stem caps. (If you need them one of the tire vendors can help you out.)
Bring to Tech Inspection (besides your bike):
1. The yellow sign up sheet
2. A Snell 95 or newer approved Helmet
Before going on to the Track
1. Check gas level (we will be on the track for about 11/2 hours of follow the leader instruction)
2. Check oil level
3. Check tire pressure
1. You must have good leather boots - Sneakers are not acceptable.
2. Two piece leathers must be attached at the waist with a full circumference zipper (Penguin generally has suits to rent in all sizes on Sat/Sun.
The important thing is to have fun-but be prepared and be safe!
Lovejoy Farm Bed & Breakfast
Stay in a 200 year old farmhouse just
five minutes from NHIS. Your hosts Art and Rena are up early on race
weekends, so you can have a relaxed, hearty breakfast and still make the
first practice session! Theres covered parking and every room has a
private bath. One stay and youll see why were the choice of AMA,
NASCAR and CART teams.
We sponsor our guests!
How to find us:
From NHIS follow Route 106 south to the lights at the intersection of Route 129. Turn right here and follow the road 1/4 mile to the fork where you will bear right to stop sign. Turn right onto the Village Road, take second left onto Lovejoy Road. Were 1.25 miles ahead on the right (last 1/2 mile is unpaved).
Call or stop by for reservations.
Phone/Fax (603) 783-4007
Toll-free (888) 783-4007
Nous parlons francais!